PG Commander Postico Prerelease Builds
I'm currently working on PG Commander 2.0 Postico. I've written about it on my blog.
- Expected Release Date: January 2015
- Software requirements: probably OS X 10.8
- Price: probably $40
- Redesigned for Yosemite
- Table Structure Editor
PG Commander 1.5 Beta
August 06, 2014
- An older beta version, includes a bunch of features that didn't actually make it into 1.5.
- Includes table structure editor.
- Requires OS X 10.8.
PG Commander 2.0 Alpha
October 02, 2014
- Started redesign for Yosemite
- Added a sidebar on the right
- includes table structure editor
- This build runs only on OS X 10.10 Yosemite
PG Commander 2.0 Alpha 2
October 14, 2014
- compatible with older versions of OS X
- Fixed glitches in Terminal
PG Commander 2.0 Alpha 3
October 28, 2014
- Added inline editing + batch editor.
- Fixed more glitches in Terminal.
PG Commander 2.0 Alpha 4
October 31, 2014
- Improved scrolling performance in table view
PG Commander 2.0 Alpha 5
November 03, 2014
- Fixed display bugs in table view
- Fixed bugs in the row detail view
- automatically save sidebar width
PG Commander 2.0 Alpha 6
November 07, 2014
- Added an activity display in the title bar
- Merged changes from 1.5.3
- Lots of stability improvements
PG Commander 2.0 Alpha 7
November 20, 2014
- Reorganized menu bar
- Cancel current query command
- Two stage saving (checks number of affected rows before commit)
- Updated remaining icons
- Automatically create sequences when they don't exist (column defaults)
- Allow switching between tables with unsaved changes
- Simplified sidebar (public schema folder no longer displayed)
- Improved undo support
- Insert, update, delete rows in views (if possible)
- Bug fixes and improved error messages
PG Commander 2.0 Alpha 8
December 12, 2014
- Added a 'truncate' command
- Added a preference to not trust certificate authorities
- Fixed some animation issues on 10.8, 10.9
- Fixed sidebar synchronisation
- Fixed a problem where the 'Discard Changes' didn't work any more after saving changes
- Fixed a crash when trying to open a table that you don't have permissions for
- Improved a few error messages
PG Commander 2.0 Alpha 9
December 30, 2014
- Create new tables, views and materialized views.
- The structure editor now has full undo support
PG Commander 2.0 Alpha 10
January 8, 2015
Removed the SQL Terminal and replaced it with an SQL Query View similar to Sequel Pro.
This was a hard decision.
I liked the unique features of the terminal, but it suffered from unfixable performance and usability problems.
In the end, great usability and reliability are more important than good ideas.
There are still a lot of functions missing in the SQL Query View, but please send suggestions and comments anyway!
PG Commander 2.0 Alpha 11
January 10, 2015
Disabled ‘smart quotes’ and other automatic text replacement options in the SQL Query text view.
Removed unnecessary items from SQL Query text view context menu.
PG Commander 2.0 Alpha 12
January 15, 2015
Implemented missing features in the Query View: reorder, resize columns, sort by clicking column headers, copy query results, export query results
There is an elusive crashing bug in this build (and in earlier builds). Sometimes the app crashes when switching from a non-retina display to a retina display.
If you find a way to reproduce this bug, I'd be eternally grateful.
PG Commander 2.0 Alpha 13
January 26, 2015
Color-coded Favorites: Select a color for your favorites to quickly discern between development/staging/production servers. The status display will be highlighted in this color.
Visual Query History: In the SQL Query View, click the query history button a popover with a list of recent queries. Select a query from the history, or clear individual queries.
The status display now displays the favorite name instead of the database name.
I've tried to fix the crash on OS X 10.10.1 when unplugging external monitors. If it persists, please email me immediately.
Also fixed a few minor memory leaks.
Fixed a problem with searching for empty strings.
Fixed problems with constraint editing.
Fixed some compatibility issues with OS X 10.8
PG Commander 2.0 Alpha 14
January 27, 2015
Added support for updating rows with JSON columns and no primary key.
Edit check constraints.
Autohide scrollbars in the SQL query view.
PG Commander 2.0 Alpha 15
February 05, 2015
Added an option to show tables in a list view instead of icon view.
Rewrote the icon view because of some unfixable bugs. Replaced icons with flat design. Table names now span multiple lines if necessary.
Save / Load table filters.
PG Commander 2.0 Alpha 16
February 09, 2015
Added context menu in database view (delete/truncate/analyze/vacuum/reindex tables, refresh materialized views)
Allow selecting multiple items in the sidebar
When deleting / truncating tables, you can now select "CASCADE" to automatically truncate / delete dependent objects too
Fixed a problem in table structure editor when columns have an empty string as default value
February 17, 2015
- Surprise! PG Commander now has a new name: Postico.
- Postico also has a new icon. Thanks to Charles Burgess for the idea.
- Automatic update checking: Postico will show a small message in the favorites window when a new version is available.
- Fixed compatibility problems with Amazon Redshift: Sidebar, Table filters, Table structure now work better
- Editing tables without primary keys that contain json, xml or geometry types now works as expected
- Fixed a crash after adding a column and switching back to contents view
- Detect jdbc URLs in clipboard (when clicking new favorite button)
- Support for PASTE. You can now copy/paste rows into a table (either from Postico or from other apps like Numbers or Excel)
- This version now requires a valid license file.
- I've also started working on a website for Postico.
To read the release notes, open the app, go to Help -> What's New?
Please send info about bugs and general comments about the new design to email@example.com
If the app crashes, please email me the crash report!!! You can find crash reports in ~/Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports.
I'll try to add a new build to this page every two weeks or so. I'll announce new builds on Twitter (follow @jabakobob).